FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Having installation problems...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tokanohanna

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Having installation problems... Reply with quote

I just got blastcode, but Maya is giving me an error message "Cannot find procedure "CreateBlastCodeMenu"....Can anyone help? the plug-in manager shows that its loaded. Maybe i may have missed a step.
Thanks for any suggestions.
capital
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This error means that the scripts can't be found. Maya uses 2 methods for finding scripts. The first is called a module. The module tells maya where to look for the plug-in, scripts, and icons. The second are the standard and user script paths.

BC tries to install a module for you, so when you startup maya everything is in the right place. A module is a file that contains a path to the necessary folders (where the BC distribution was saved). Unfortunatly, maya does not always look at all its module locations for the module file (especially on MacOSX) In this case, try the manual install routine:

http://www.blastcode.com/faq/?action=category&cat_id=001

Worst case scenario, copy all the scripts into maya's standard script folder.

Jim
tokanohanna

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jim, following your instructions when I get home it shouldnt be a problem. One last question though, will I be able to use my 1.2 patch in maya 8, or will I need to upgrade to 1.5? right now im using 1.2 in my maya 7.
Appreciate your help,

Tok
capital
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need to upgrade to 1.5 for Maya 8. BC 1.2 only goes to Maya 7

As for the path, it depends on when you got your maya versions. Maya keeps changing owners, and with that so does the common folder name. (ie. Alias|Wavefront, Alias, Autodesk)

Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    blastcode.com Forum Index -> BlastCode All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: