FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MAC OSX Install : No menu item!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rtg497

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: MAC OSX Install : No menu item!! Reply with quote

I installed the plug successfully and loaded it through Plug-in manager but Blastcode does not appear in the menu list. What's up?
Aikiman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of OSX are you using? I had problems with installing Blastcode on 10.4.4, in fact BC is apparently buggie on the Mac. I have had to go back to 10.3 just so I can use BC.
rtg497

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: It's working Reply with quote

I don't know what I did differently but it filnally worked. I'm told that Maya looks for the plug in in several places (even ones not listed in the module script list) so I put the Module file in virtually every location that made sense in addition to the ones in the list.

Thanks for responding though.

I use OSX 10.39
capital
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Maya 7 Install Assistance Reply with quote

Install Issue on Maya 7.

Maya uses module files for installing plug-ins. BC creates one called: BlastCode1.2_module

Typically this file get copied into the correct folder. When this does not happen, you can not see bc using Maya's plug-in manager. Many people than browse to the plug-in which is a big mistake. You must be able to see bc in the plug-in manager without browsing to it.

To get around the problem, you need to determine where maya is looking for modules. Using maya's script editor: getenv MAYA_MODULE_PATH will return a list of folders that will be searched by maya. Some of them will not exist, but there is no harm in creating one manually. The bc install program creates a backup module, and places it into the bc root folder. Copy the module file into one of the folders returned by MAYA_MODULE_PATH. Restart maya, and everything will be good to go.

Hope this helps
3dexcellence admin
rtg497

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Yes. Thank you. I had previously resolved the issue Reply with quote

I appreciate the response though.
Ben_kidd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Finding the module folder Reply with quote

I have had trouble installing BC. I found the instructions to install in the support section however:

I have tried typing in the command into the script editor and maya has displayed the appropriate folders, however the dont exist. The path is true all the way up to the folder "module" which doesnt exist. I created it and put in my Module file but it is still not in the plug in manager.

Any advice??
rtg497

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Even if the folders don't exist... Reply with quote

I would create them. You don't know which folder Blastcode is looking in even though it says its checking them all. That may not be the case.
apidej

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried making folder called "modules" in c:\program files\alias\maya7.0 and put BlastCode1.2_module file in there. and it works......
capital
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maya for MacOSX has some kind of bug within its module path environment variable. In the past modules where used to tell Maya where Blast Code was located. However, because Maya for mac does not necessarily check the path, this can fail.

This approach has been abandonded in version 1.4. In this version, we simply copy the plug-in and scripts to maya's share folder. This approach appears to be much more reliable.

Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    blastcode.com Forum Index -> BlastCode All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: