FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

smashing one slab with primary debris mesh of another slab

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tettoffensive

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: smashing one slab with primary debris mesh of another slab Reply with quote

I have a roof that gets smashed and the primary debris falls down to the floor which I would like to smash the floor which is another slab/damage mesh. I was trying this by setting up the primary debris mesh as a collision object with the softbody particles of the floor mesh. But this didn't seem to work (maybe because the primary debris mesh is a dynamically created mesh).

Any thoughts on how to set something like this up?

(otherwise, I'll just manually put explosives to fake these collisions)
mayanic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also try to achieve kind of the same effect. When using the rigidBodySolver I'm able to make my primary debris colliding with external rigidBodies - altough they just collide but do not interact with each other (exploding debris don't push and initialize other rB simulations).
I also tried to separate the primary debris and attach rB to them (externalRB within blastcode as well as standard maya ones) but it seems that blastcode runs too unstable when doing so . . .

Idea
________
extreme vaporizer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    blastcode.com Forum Index -> BlastCode All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: