FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

exploding poly's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arvindsond

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: exploding poly's Reply with quote

Hi all, I am new to the forum and to blast code (and loving the plugin), I have gone through a lot of tutorials; the ones on blastcode, salek's ones and a couple of youtube; but nowhere shows me how to create a simulaiton using poly's or converting the nurbs one to poly's.

My problem is that I have modelled a spitfire and filmed some live action footage of an open field, and I want the spitfire to crash into the field, so I wante to use blast code for the breakup of the plane and ground.

What would be the best of doing this as my model is quads?

I also want to use the iverburn plugin to add fire and smoke onto the plane and also where it hits into the ground?

If anyone has any ideas on this that would be appreciated.

Thx

Arvind Sond
WillTowle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, welcome to the forum. As far as I know Blastcode only works with NURBS, it will not work with polys at all. You can try converting your spitfire into a NURBS object by using the Mesh -> Modify or Convert tool (I can't remember the name off hand).

Will
mayanic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well - converting polygons to nurbs is not straight forward . . . you first have to convert your polygon object to a subdiv - and than you can convert the subdiv to nurbs . . .

I think you can use a reduced nurbs-version of your poly model as a control object and attach the preShattered highRes model as glueObjects.

hope this works for you
I'm just testing the demoVersion and it's pretty unstable when working with glue objects . . .
Wink
________
volcano vaporizer reviews

Last edited by mayanic on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
mayanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally bought a megaton licence and I am pretty amazed - it's running much more stable than the demo version . . . (dance)

(and: yes - I downloaded the demo version dircet from blastcode . . .)
________
star craft replays

Last edited by mayanic on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
gt3d

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Breaking up Polys... Reply with quote

Hello,

In this instance I would think it would be a combination of recreating polys as nurbs and use the standard BC process; and manually fracture the complex objects and glue them into the sim. It really depends on the overall object - in this case a plane - and what you want fractured and how. These are the kinds of decisions that really should be made prior to modelling.
mayanic

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what does the player mean?

does this mean that blastcode runs in 64bit mode?
________
lolol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    blastcode.com Forum Index -> BlastCode All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: