FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UV texturing issue...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dus

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: UV texturing issue... Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I have a lilttle problem while trying to apply a map on a blastcode mesh.
It's weird, the UV's are different on each frame... One frame to another the UVs of the mesh changes so my texture is totally messed up.

Any ideas why this is happening ?

Thanks a lot Wink
amitesh3D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: do not change UV Reply with quote

the very first lesson in blastcode should be..u can't change ur UV layout.
so try to paint ur texture as per UV layout.as it is always spread from 0-1 in X n y axis irrespective of shape.
i work dis way only Wink
imanskoi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: do not change UV Reply with quote

amitesh3D wrote:
the very first lesson in blastcode should be..u can't change ur UV layout.
so try to paint ur texture as per UV layout.as it is always spread from 0-1 in X n y axis irrespective of shape.
i work dis way only Wink

hi amitesh3d can you explain further what you did. what do u mean by paint texture as per UV layout?tnx
amitesh3D

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

painting texture as per UV layout :
when u open UV editor in Maya, for blast code objects u will see that UV is spread uniformly, from 0 to 1 in x and y axis irrespective of the shape and topology.
so u need to take a snapshot of ur UV layout and then paint ur texture accordingly.
the catch here is where ever u have high topology in ur mesh, ur texture will shrink and vise-versa. and it's really difficult to control it if ur object has contours and uneven topology.
i wish i had snaps for those from my previous work, but if this doesn't help ask me i will try to upload some maps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    blastcode.com Forum Index -> BlastCode All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: