FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Breakup on ground impact, possible?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grimepoch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Breakup on ground impact, possible? Reply with quote

I have a glass window breaking and I'd love to make the glass pieces break apart to some degree again when they hit the ground. Has anyone done this, is it even possible?

Thanks.

Rick
rishiinamdar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Breakup on ground impact, possible? Reply with quote

Have been trying this too.. With no luck
i guess the position the slab is created in is the only position that matters...
After that even if you move it really far away from the explosive it still shatters...
So i really need to know how i can animate my slab to go through an explosive and then shatter....
Please reply if some one knows about this...
Thank you...
rishiinamdar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: Breakup on ground impact, possible? Reply with quote

Hi,
i tried the shattering on impact thing and i was partially successful....
My glass looks terrible at the moment but at lease i am getting the shattering on collision effect...
Earlier what i was doing wrong was animating the slab directly...
Insead go to display > shapes in the outliner and there is a hidden surface inside the group which can be animated or turned to rigidbody...
I dont know how to attach a file in the forum...
But i can email it if anyone is interested.....
rishiinamdar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: Breakup on ground impact, possible? Reply with quote

Sorry... i didnt read the post properly.. You wanted the glass to shatter and then shatter again when it hits the ground..
I wasn't really trying that... I just wanted the whole slab to shatter on impact....
So i posted in the wrong thread... but it could still be helpful to someone...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    blastcode.com Forum Index -> BlastCode All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: