FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cracks not appearing?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveSayer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Cracks not appearing? Reply with quote

Why would cracks fail to appear in my slab? I have created an explosive identical to a working deform explosive, but with the 'Cracks' flag checked instead of 'Deform,' and with a larger range of influence. I have temporarily disconnected my deform explosive, so as to see only the influence of the cracks explosive. Showing the Cracks target surface shows successful deformation, but no cracks appear in my slab.

I have:

* Made sure I am not playing back from a cache.
* Linked the explosive to the surface in question.
* Set the 'Cracks Option' to 'Crack All'
* In the 'Simple Mesh' section, activated the 'Cracks Flag' and set 'Cracks Threshold' to 0.1, and experimented with various 'Cracks Upper Amount' values, including some absurdly high ones.

In a simple test scene, this sort of setup makes cracks appear as expected. In my production scene, nothing shows up. I've tried changing the Fracture Option, the Trim attributes, the Topology attributes, all to no avail. I've tried applying a new texture to the 'Cracks Map'. I've tried creating a new explosive which is a locator type instead of an object type. I've never once seen cracks appear.

What could I be missing?!

-Steve
capital
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send the scene to support and we'll take a look.

Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    blastcode.com Forum Index -> BlastCode All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: