FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

general maya / BC scale question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
coffeestains

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: general maya / BC scale question Reply with quote

okkkk.....
so heres what i think and if anybody can confirm if im right or wrong that would be great .
1. BC works in default maya scale with is centimeters ( thats what i understand from manual)
so ....
QUESTION 1)if i need to blow to a pieces wall 15 m. x 6 m. what i need to do is model a wall in a proper scale and leave scene settings in a cm. for a Bc to calculate. is it right ?
Q 2) if i have that huge model of a wall , in my opinion i should not touch any of parameters in gravity field or BXsolver ... but its not like that . first of all ive dicovered that multipying values of the gravity field according to a scale makes much more realistic effect .meanig :
1. default cube 1x1x1 - gravity magnitude 9.8 1 cm
2. cube 10x10x10 - gravity magnitude 98 - 10 cm.
3. cube 100x100x100 - gravity magnitude 980 1 m
4. cube 1000x1000x1000 - gravity magnitude 9800 10 m.
ect...
but I ve also discovered that touching Bx solver scale does not make any difference . so WHATS UP WITH THAT ?
in general ... can any one confirm that BC works in cm scene scale , and thats the setting , plus that it suppose to simulate physically correct depending on a scale of a model ? so cubes depending on their scale( mm cm meters geometry .. but setting for a scene scale is set "cm" ) , gets different mass and act different .... coz i just cant get it right some how .
anyone out there ?
capital
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BxSolver scale function has nothing to do with the maya scale. It is used to convert the values that go in to the solver. The idea here is that solvers only work within a specific range of values. Too big or too small is not good. The scale function allows you to adjust these values. So if the solve acts a bit weird and you know that the values you are sending it our a bit on the large or small side, try this adjustment.

Hope this helps.

Jim
coffeestains

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man !
It helps in general understanding of how it works ... I head a few sytuations of "dancing" glue objects ... solver scale fixed it ....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    blastcode.com Forum Index -> BlastCode All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: