FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Debris geometry failing to appear after changing animation.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveSayer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Debris geometry failing to appear after changing animation. Reply with quote

Hello again.

We are revisiting the BlastCode scene I've posted about a few times. The timing of the scene has changed, as well as the position of several elements. I had hoped that it would be straightforward to simply apply these updates to the BlastCode scene and re-run the simulation, but I've run into some confusing problems.

The main issue right now is that the debris geometry doesn't appear when it should. I have two blast layers (one slab and several sweeps) associated with a single plane. Right now, the debris particles behave correctly, responding to the influence of some explosives at frame 4. However, the actual debris geometry is not behaving properly. The sweep debris shows up a frame late, at frame 5 (so there is one frame where gaps are visible in the sweeps, since the original unbroken geo has disappeared but the flying debris has not yet appeared). The slab debris doesn't seem to show up at all. Again, I can see the debris particles appearing correctly when they're supposed to; the geometry simply isn't appearing with them as it should. Of course I've checked the obvious things like the geo's Visibility setting etc. No luck.

As I've been iterating through the scene I do recall some occasions where the debris would show up at frame 10 or 11 or so... I also recall some trials where some of the pieces of it would show up centered at the origin (many pieces overlapping each other, looking like a spiky cluster of shards).

I have tried to make sure that all time-sensitive nodes are set to respect the new start frame of the updated animation (MasterControl, blastData, debParticle, debEmit, etc.). Nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions about what might be causing this? At this point it's looking like I have no choice but to scrap everything and start recreating the BlastCode simulation from scratch, which I'd hoped to avoid.

Thanks for any info,

-Steve
SteveSayer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I should also mention I've tried the save-the-scene-and-restart-Maya strategy a few times, too, since I know this is sometimes necessary to get the debris particles working properly. Unfortunately in this case it hasn't helped.

-Steve
SteveSayer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind... I just re-created the sim from scratch. It wasn't too bad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    blastcode.com Forum Index -> BlastCode All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: